Thursday 2 February 2012

Be like Bob

I met Bob a couple weeks ago. Bob is probably in his sixties. Bob has been living here in the DTES since the 70s. Bob is battling his addictions. Bob is blind (I have a soft spot in my heart for people who are blind, I like them). Bob believes in God. Bob is not sure about Jesus and Christianity. Bob thinks he may die soon. I asked Bob if he believes in heaven and hell. He said he was not sure, but he thinks there could be. Bob said that he is still trying to figure things out. He said that he talks to God. I suggested to Bob "you probably should figure out what you believe about heaven and hell soon, because you don't want to die and than realize it to late!" Bob agreed and said that he would be thinking about it. I encouraged Bob to ask lots of questions of God and people that he trusted. I really like Bob. I want Bob to know the Truth, the Way, and the Life. I am excited that Bob is asking questions. I believe that if Bob keeps asking questions and looking for the truth he will find it and the Truth will set him free. God loves Bob. God wants Bob to know the Truth. God bless my new friend Bob.

Do you believe in heaven and hell? Are you completely sure? You do not want to figure out things to late. Be like Bob, asks questions, seek truth. God loves you. God wants you to know the Truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment