Tuesday 21 January 2014

Defragmenting

Ps. 131:2 But I have calmed and quieted my soul... 

I'm having some computer problems, so I'm defragmenting it, whatever that means!
 
This morning as I paused to reflect on this verse I felt The Lord saying to me "you need to defragment your soul." 

Meaning in this busy, noisy world I need to calm and quite me soul, fixing all my energies on Him rather then going in a dozen different directions, I need to bring the fragments of my life together, consolidate, so that everything I do is focused on Him, loving God and people. Rather then doing 10 things OK need to ask Him what 5 things does He have for me to do at my peak performance, for His glory and the love of others. 

Because like my computer when my soul is fragmented I don't run the way I was made to run, I'm slow sluggish and shut down. I want to run this race that is marked out for me, making it over the finish line to hear Him say to me "We'll done good and faithful servant." 

How about you? You fragmented? You running sluggish? Do you want to hear Jesus say to you "well done good and faithful servant?" Then maybe it's time to defragment your soul...

No comments:

Post a Comment