Sunday 6 January 2013

Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus

Yesterday evening at the church service we sang the hymn Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus:

Turn your eyes upon Jesus,
Look full in His wonderful face,
And the things of earth will grow strangely dim,
In the light of His glory and grace...


I was struck with the simple revelation of the importance of the words "turn" and "look." I sat down and wrote on the tithe envelope:

You actually have to turn, this is active, it is an action.
Turning, fixing, looking, focusing, all actions, this is an active response.
Each day. 
Also, this means I am turning, taking my attention off of other things...
What do I need to take my eyes off of?

Then someone came up to the front and spoke further into my revelation. He asked these very important questions:

Who is your God? 
Why can't I keep my eyes on Jesus?

I want to encourage you this morning to ask yourself who or what has your attention?
What are your eyes, figuratively or literality turning to, fixing on, looking at, and focusing on? 
What do you need to take your "eyes" off of?

Remember this is an active action, it likely will be difficult, but it is worth it, because Jesus is LIFE, as Hebrews 12:2 says Let us fix our eyes on Jesus the Author and Perfector of our faith...

Let us! Together, find an prayer partner, an accountability partner, who you can share what you need to stop looking at, and together you can fix our "eyes" on Life! 

Amen




No comments:

Post a Comment