Monday 4 March 2013

Lent Reflections: Day 17

It has been requested that I start blogging again... You want to hear my thoughts!? OK! Haha

I have been following a devotional for the Lent season, so my blogs mostly will be quick little reflections on those...

Day 17


Oh give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; for his steadfast love endures forever!
Out of my distress I called on the Lord; the Lord answered me and set me free. The
Lord is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation. I shall not die, but
I shall live, and recount the deeds of the Lord. The stone that the builders rejected
has become the cornerstone. This is the Lord's doing; it is marvelous in our eyes.
This is the day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.
[SELECTED VERSES FROM PSALM 118]

Jesus has set us FREE, He has given us LIFE! OK yeah I have heard that before... when I stop to think of how I can "recount", give testimony, to his deeds in my life, there are many, and I mean a lot! But when I think of death and life, him being my strength and my song, I start to realize that I am in to many ways walking in ways that are death (yes sin, but it is more then that, unhealthy (physical, emtotional, and spiritual) patterns that are killing me!). In fact I may be walking in more death then life? Praise The Lord that he is faithful to us and will continue to save us from death, just call upon his name and he will help you (whether it is physical, emotional, or spiritual death patterns) right now! Furthermore, I was thinking is HE my strength and song? And again, waaay to often I am my own strength (that's not working out so well for me) and I try to find other things (friends, beer, chocolate, having a good time) to be my joy (song) and oh that is not sustainable because they all will let me down sooner or later, they don't bring me lasting joy or a true deep in my soul forever and ever joy! Only the Spirit can do that, since one of his fruits in our lives is JOY!

OK so ask yourself am I walking in any death patterns? If you are (and most of us are) call on Jesus and ask him to save you once again, because he has given you freedom and life, so let's walk in it!
Next ask yourself (now be really honest with yourself, it doesn't work if you lie) who or what is my strength and song? Is it working for you? Even if it is, I am warning eventually if it is not God, it will crash and burn. So once again ask Jesus to save you, and ask him to produce his good fruits in you.

I know that this might sound a little obvious, but I think often we miss the obvious. So stop, take some time to read the Word and talk to Jesus, ask yourself these questions, reflect on them, then pray and praise him for your salvation! Repeat repeat repeat...

Jesus, thank you for saving me from death, giving me life and joy. I confess I am walking in some death patterns, I try to be in control not trusting you to be my strength, and look to so many things other than you to be my source of joy. Please forgive me. Thank you for your forgiveness, thank you that you are quick to show us mercy. Jesus you are forever faithful, you stick with us, you do complete the good works you have began in us! Oh praise you holy gracious name! Help us to keep our eyes fixed on you so that we can walk in freedom and life! We love you Jesus because you first loved us, thank you. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment