Monday 11 March 2013

Shalom

Shalom is the Hebrew word understood around the world to mean "peace," but that is only one small part of the meaning...

Hebrew words convey feeling, intent and emotion. Shalom is more then just simply peace; it is a complete peace. It is a feeling of contentment, completeness, wholeness, well being and harmony.

According to Strong's Concordance 7965 Shalom means completeness, wholeness, health, peace, welfare, safety soundness, tranquility, prosperity, perfectness, fullness, rest, harmony, the absence of agitation or discord. Shalom comes from the root verb shalom meaning to be complete, perfect and full. 

Keeping this in mind, when Jesus says  "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid" in John 14:27 He is saying I leave with you completeness,  rest, contentment and fullness..

This morning I heard Him whisper to me "be at peace dear daughter... Shalom, be complete, content, and rest, bring my fullness to where I have placed you, be my light, my energy, my love, my flavour, right now, right where you are at."

Are you at peace? Are you continent, complete, full, and at rest? We need to first be this before we can bring shalom to the world around us. 

The same Spirit that empowered Jesus is at work in you, producing His fruit of peace (continent, completeness, fullness) and just as an apple tree bears fruit to be enjoyed by others, so do we produce (by the Spirit) peace, contentment, fullness, and completeness for the enrichment and enjoyment of everything and everyone around us!

No comments:

Post a Comment