Wednesday 6 March 2013

Please Forgive and Help Us


Day 19 - please help and forgive us... forgive and help? 

Please. Jesus, yes I need your help, and I do know I need your forgiveness, but the seriousness of my offences, my responsibility in it does not run deep in my mind and heart. I know that I need forgiveness, because that is what the church and Bible tells me....
but I confess that I have a sense of entitlement to your forgiveness, like "yeah of course Jesus forgives me." I really really get that I need help, and I kind of forget about your forgiveness because in the back of my mind I think, I am asking for help and if you would only help me... That's not quite right, but somthing like that, I do not have a true sense of the gravity of my sins nor my responsibility. 
Please Jesus give me a fresh revelation of my sin so that I can go deeper in my revelation of how much you have forgiven, and how deep your love is for me. Amen

You do not deserve God's forgiveness, He has given it to you because He is a perfectly gracious, merciful, and loving God. You deserved eternal death and punishment, but Jesus' sacrifice on the cross took your punishment and offers you forgiveness and reconciliation with God, praise The Lord! Never never forget that it is nothing you have done, because you actually do what condemns yourself, but He has made the way you! It is all for, from and in Jesus, praise His Name! Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment