Monday 27 June 2011

My Special Kind of Double

A sister can be seen as someone who is both ourselves and very much not ourselves - a special kind of double. - Toni Morrison

Today is my special kind of double’s 23rd birthday! I love my little sister. That being said Laura and I have had more than our fair share of “issues.” I confess that I have not been the big sister that I should or could have been. Through many years of praying the Holy Spirit has and continues to change my heart and mind towards Laura. We are no where near to where I trust we will be some day, but I am thankful for where we have come from. I can not overly express how grateful I am for Laura’s patience, faithfulness and love towards me. Laura is truly the perfect fit for me. God knew what He was doing when He put us together. Where I am weak she is stronger and visa versa. I am looking forward to where our Heavenly Father is going to take us, as sisters. I anticipate that Jesus has plans to use as for His Kingdom work that can only be accomplished if we work together.

Here is to you Laura - God bless you in this 24th year of your life. May this year bring you into deeper intimacy with Him. I pray for you as you continue on this grand adventure we call life. I also pray that this time next year our relationship will be stronger and deeper.

Who is your special kind of double? They don’t have to be blood related. Take a moment to tell them what they mean to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment