Monday 12 September 2011

I Dare You!

I am living in the DTES, I have moved into my room at the Empress, sounds fancy, it's not! But it is not as bad as I thought it would be, God has been guarding me from the bed bugs, cockroaches and mice, I thank Him for that, and for all of you who have prayed.

Really I have only just started War College, I have not yet gotten into a rhythm, just trying to figure the schedule out, which is packed full!

Yesterday in went for a walk, and the theme of my prayer was Jesus be glorified, please teach me how to be in this place that glorifies your Holy name.

This a Prayer for anyone in any situation in any place: Jesus be glorified, open my eyes, ears and heart to where you are in this place and please show me how to glorify you in _________ (fill the blank).

I have the privilege of stepping out of my ordinary life and entering into a new place, really a different culture, so I have to ask, because I am like a fish out of water and I desperately need Jesus to guide, teach, and carry me.

This is not always the case, I have been in situations where I don't need Jesus to guide, teach, carry me because I have it "figured out." HA! Right! I thought I did, but silly me.

Praise Jesus that He loves us way to much to leave us the way we are, and if we co-operate with Him He will put us in situations that will give us the blessing, they are blessing even if it doesn't seem like it at the time, to lean on Him.

No matter who you are or what you circumstances are you can chose to ask Jesus do guide, teach and carry you. It can be messy and uncomfortable, even painful, at times but it will be worth it, because in it you will see Jesus!

So I dare you, double dare you, ask Jesus: how can I glorify YOU in my circumstances? Where are you? And what is my role?

No comments:

Post a Comment