Thursday 1 March 2012

Bonhoeffer's Life Together

This past week was Reading Week and we actually were given books to read! Imagine that reading on Reading Break hahaha. Jonathan took the time to pray and pick out a specific book for each of us. I appreciate the thought and time that went into this process, because I trust that the book selection was one inspired by my Father. I have included an extended version of my book report. Please do not think reading this report excuses you from reading it yourself. I recommend you read Life Together by Dietrich Bonhoeffer, especially if you live in intentional community or desire to someday.
Life Together is a book written by Dietrich Bonhoeffer In which he explores what it means to be a Christian community through and in Jesus Christ. Life Together is a significant exploration of the Christian faith lived out in Christian community. Bonhoeffer argues that Christian community is not an ideal, but a divine reality, and it is a spiritual reality not a psychic reality.

To read the full report: http://www.thewarcollege.com/?p=2317

No comments:

Post a Comment