Sunday 7 April 2013

Something Blue

Blue Tassels

"Speak to the people of Israel, and tell them to make tassels on the corners of their garments throughout their generations, and to put a cord of blue on the tassel of each corner. And it shall be a tassel for you to look at and remember all the commandments of the Lord, to do them, not to follow after your own heart and your own eyes, which you are inclined to whore after. So you shall remember and do all my commandments, and be holy to your God. I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt to be your God: I am the Lord your God." (Numbers 15:38-41 ESV)

This morning Jesus brought me to this passage after spending time sitting, listening to music and letting His love and Truth wash over me . I pulled out a piece of blue paper and wrote in blue ink at the top Blue Tassel, then I wrote down the Truths Jesus has flooded my mind and heart with, such as I love you, and you are my chosen, beloved daughter.

I believe that Jesus is saying "Maria you are inclined to follow after your own heart and eyes, so take these 'blue tassels' remembering all the Truths I have told you, and remember that I AM the Lord your God who has taken you out of bondage and captivity to sin and death so that you can live a life of love in me, this is the commandment I have given you: love me with all your heart, soul, mind, and strength and love your neighbour as you love yourself." 

I think Jesus is also saying this to you...

So take up your blue tassels (spending time with Him, in praise, prayer, worship, the Word) everyday so that you can remember the Truths He has spoken to you, and so that you do not follow your own heart and eyes, which lead to death and destruction!

Oh how He loves us, and has so much good in store for us, if we would only take our eyes off of ourselves (our ways) and fix them on Jesus the Author and Perfecter of our faith! 

Praise His Blessed Name!

Amen?

No comments:

Post a Comment