Thursday 30 May 2013

I Have the Problem of Shortsightedness

This morning I was asking Jesus what are the sins you want me to confess this morning? 

After a couple overarching sins... pride, fear of man... I heard him say...

Maria you get into temporal trouble because you think you need and/or are entitled to be "happy," to have "fun" (I am shortsighted)... BUT Maria this is not the point of your life... I AM! Yes, following me will include joy and peace, but they are different than happiness and fun, joy and peace are deep and everlasting, whereas happiness and fun are only shallow and temporal. Sooooo rather than living for the moment (getting drunk because it will be fun right now) why don't you think about trying to make choices that will bring joy and peace for the long term? I will help you, just ask me, this is in part why I have sent to you my Spirit so that you do not have to live in the ways of sin and death but so that now dear girl you can live in my ways of LIFE!!

This is a truth that I think is spoken to ALL of us, Jesus has offered us a better way, the way of everlasting life...

Jesus is asking YOU "what will bring you joy and peace in the long run?"

When I asked myself this morning the overarching answer I came to was: following Jesus, being in his perfect will for my life... Now to just keep asking this day to day, decision to decision...

Are you shortsighted? Do you only live for the moment, not looking to the everlasting? Shortsightedness is not only when you live to have fun right now, it is ALSO when you focus your life on working to achieve wealth, prestige or the like, rather then listening to Jesus when he says store your treasures in heaven (longsighted). This is not living, it is death, because the ways of the "world" lead to death, whereas Jesus' ways lead down the road of life...

I want to LIVE!!! How about you? 


No comments:

Post a Comment