Tuesday 8 July 2014

Perspective Changing Praise

OK first off GOOD MORNING! 


Secondly, I'm not looking trivialize anyone's very real pain and suffering. 


Now to the point do you ever feel overwhelmed, underwhelmed, or just whelmed? Are you ever angry, hurt, and frustrated? 


Confession: I am! like 90% of the time! This morning as I'm trying to "let go" of control through prayer and tears, I felt the promptings of the Holy Spirit to break open my bible and start PRAISING God with the words of the Psalms. So I did, and to be honest nothing about my circumstance has changed, but my PERSPECTIVE has! 


Now this can't be a one time thing, we need to be daily, consistently PRAISING God for who he is! And as we do our PERCPECTIVE will be transformed into one where God is King over all they earth! Amen!?


Why don't you give it a try? Now I warn you it takes time, as in reading the Psalm over and over again until the truth starts to sink into your mind and heart, transforming them! But if we are persistent and consistent I believe PRAISING God for who he is will transform our PERSPECTIVE!


Clap your hands, all peoples! Shout to God with loud songs of joy! For the Lord, the Most High, is to be feared, a great king over all the earth. He subdued peoples under us, and nations under our feet. He chose our heritage for us, the pride of Jacob whom he loves. Selah God has gone up with a shout, the Lord with the sound of a trumpet. Sing praises to God, sing praises! Sing praises to our King, sing praises! For God is the King of all the earth; sing praises with a psalm! God reigns over the nations; God sits on his holy throne. The princes of the peoples gather as the people of the God of Abraham. For the shields of the earth belong to God; he is highly exalted! (Psalm 47:1-9 ESV)

No comments:

Post a Comment