Thursday 10 July 2014

Get On Your Face!

"And I fell on my face. As the glory of the Lord entered the temple..." (Eze 43:3,4)

Never in the Scriptures when people encounter the glory of the Lord do they remain standing...

Do I remain standing to often? Do I approach God with humility in light of who He is, bringing me flat on my face!? Or do I approach God casually with a sense of entitlement? 

Yes I do...

Sure we can approach God's throne with boldness and confidence (Heb 4:16), but that boldness and confidence is that we will not be struck dead because we have been made holy and pure by the blood of the Lamb, but God is still the LORD who when truly see His glory should cause is to fall on our faces!

Don't really "feel" like falling on your face? It's a little weird right? And plus haven't we been told so many time by worship leaders that we can worship God in whatever position we want, standing or sitting, raised hands or not...

OK but I don't see evidence of this "laissez faire" attitude towards worship in Scripture... in fact I see quite the opposite, in both Old and New Testament God repeatedly giving clear instructions for how to worship Him, and I see people FALLING on their faces all over the place!

Maybe our hearts have become so casual towards God that we are not responding to His glory by falling on our faces, so maybe we need to start by choosing to fall on our faces, and then in time as we chose to humble ourselves before the glory of the LORD our hearts will follow our bodies?

But maybe not.

Maybe we need to chose to ignore our finicky feelings and take a harder look at the reality... God is the Creator of the Universe, the Alpha and Omega, He is the Great I AM...

Maybe we need to chose to join in with the praises of the four living creatures who never cease to say

“Holy, holy, holy, is the Lord God Almighty,

    who was and is and is to come!”

and as the living creatures give glory and honour and thanks to Him who is seated on the throne who lives forever and ever the twenty-four elders fall down before him who is seated on the throne and worship him who lives forever and ever. They cast their crowns before the throne, saying,

“Worthy are you, our Lord and God,
    to receive glory and honor and power,
for you created all things,
    and by your will they existed and were created” (Rev 4: 7-11).

Maybe?

Yes! We do, I do.





No comments:

Post a Comment