Monday 22 August 2011

Your Only Responsibility

This morning a had a deeper revelation into a Truth I already knew but am still do not always live in.
 In Hebrews 12:2 Paul says “let us fix our eyes on Jesus; the Author and Perfector of our faith. – Jesus is the Author and Perfector of EVERYONE. I can not, will not and should not even try to perfect anyone.

In Matthew 11:29-30 Jesus invites is to “take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

-         Learn from Jesus

-         take to Jesus’ ways His teachings

-         His ways are freedom.

The most significant revelation for me at this time, considering what I am entering into in September is:

It is NOT my responsibility to change anyone. PERIOD.

It IS my responsibility to love and accept people, as they are (extending Jesus’ grace) and in so doing an environment will be created in which GOD can change people.

To sum up this very important Truth:

We can NOT change anyone (not your kid, brother, Mom, best friend, coworkers, a person with an addiction or someone who is jobless and homeless) NOBODY, you can change nobody! because you are NOT Jesus. ONLY God can change people. It is not your burden to change anyone.

Your ONLY responsibility is to LOVE God (fix my eyes on Jesus) and to LOVE people.

No comments:

Post a Comment