Saturday 24 January 2015

Maybe?

I feel like I'm missing something, like there is an empty hole in my life, in my heart. 

These are the first words that came to page as I journaled this morning. The thing is I'm not particularly sad this morning or anything, in fact I feel pretty good! So what's up, why such sad words?

Is this feeling sometimes maybe "normal" because we are living in-between times, you know the Kingdom here but not yet completely/fully?

Can I expect to be fully/completely satisfied on this side of eternity?

Some of you I am sure are going to give a big YES! I can hear you all the way from here! But before you discard my questions, hear me out?

Maybe because we live in-between times, we will not be fully/completely satisfied because there still is brokenness in the world (Rom 8: 18-25)?

And maybe we need to learn to trust, to have hope in God, that one day he will set all things right, but in the mean time we have to learn to live with the not-rights in away that is reflective of the sure hope we have in him (Rom 5:5)?

So then maybe I can give up this desperate grab for something/anything to satisfy me, to fill and complete me? And maybe I can stop and take a deep breath and trust that God is enough for me, and even in the pain, disappointment and dissatisfaction he is at work, and one day he will set all things right (Rev 21)?

I might just need to be OK with the not-OKs, as I wait on the Lord in anticipation and with a hope that will not disappoint.

There might always be some empty spaces in my life and heart, at least for as long as we are in-between times? But God is still good and he is working all things for our good (Rom 8:28).

So rather than focusing on the empty, some of what may not be filled on this side of eternity, I am going to choose to focus on the full, the spaces in my life that God has filled and I am going to participate with him in these full spaces and watch as he continues to fill them up to overflowing (2 Cor 9:7-9)!

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! According to his great mercy, he has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, to an inheritance that is imperishable, undefiled, and unfading, kept in heaven for you,  who by God's power are being guarded through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time. In this you rejoice, though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been grieved by various trials so that the tested genuineness of your faith—more precious than gold that perishes though it is tested by fire—may be found to result in praise and glory and honour at the revelation of Jesus Christ. (1 Pet 1:3-7)

Amen!

2 comments:

  1. Amen indeed
    It is beautiful how you have woven scriptures throughout, I admire (among other things) your knowledge of the Bible

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Laura that is such a wonderful compliment :)

      Delete