Monday 19 January 2015

Re-Focus

This blog should be a quick one, I had a bit of a re-revelation this weekend and I thought maybe it would be helpful to share it will ya'll.

During an extended time of worship, as we sang songs about giving our all to Jesus, and him being all we needed, it dawned on me that I had taken my eyes of the "prize"...

Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one receives the prize? So run that you may obtain it. Every athlete exercises self-control in all things. They do it to receive a perishable wreath, but we an imperishable. (1 Cor 9:24-25)

I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. (Phi 3:14)

I believe the prize is a life of abundance, life overflowing in Jesus! 

The Lord gently pressed upon my heart that over the past couple years, I had slowly gone off course. In particular I have fixed my eyes upon the prize or goal of a relationship and a family. And although marriage and a family may be part of the abundant life God has planned for me, by fixing my eyes on them instead of Jesus, I have been living a life less than abundant. 

Even though I have had this realization, I still want to get married and have a family, I really cannot will or mentally convince myself into anything, I need Jesus by the power of his Spirit to transform my mind and heart. 

Jesus, I am asking for a re-vision of my heart, soul, and mind, I need you to re-focus me, please. Amen

I believe he will, help my unbelief, but it will take time, and some effort on my part, I need to be patient and diligent. Through continued prayer, praise and community I believe Jesus by the power of his Spirit can and will transform us! Amen!?

Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith... (Heb 12:1-3)

Have you lost focus? Do you need Jesus in any way, big or small, to re-vision your heart, soul, and mind?



No comments:

Post a Comment